Oct 29, 2012

Singapore - S'poreans unable to enjoy work-life balance: survey

Follow Me on Pinterest
SINGAPORE: Workers have identified overloading of work and high-pressure deadlines as the main reasons for not being able to achieve work-life balance in Singapore.

A recent survey on work-life balance in Singapore found that nearly nine out of 10 workers surveyed worked beyond their official hours.

Beyond working hours, 70 per cent chose to complete unfinished work in the office while the remaining 30 per cent chose to bring work home.

The survey by recruiter Jobstreet.com also found that only 30 per cent of the respondents claimed that their companies had initiatives in place to promote work-life balance.

45 per cent indicated that their companies pay lip service to work-life balance with policies in place just for show.

Respondents suggested corporate tax relief and enforcement of policies as steps that the government can take to encourage more companies to promote work-life balance at the workplace.

About 650 workers and 135 employers participated in the survey that was conducted in September.

- CNA/xq

Business & Investment Opportunities
YourVietnamExpert is a division of Saigon Business Corporation Pte Ltd, Incorporated in Singapore since 1994. As Your Business Companion, we propose a range of services in Strategy, Investment and Management, focusing Healthcare and Life Science with expertise in ASEAN. Since we are currently changing the platform of www.yourvietnamexpert.com, you may contact us at: sbc.pte@gmail.com, provisionally. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment